||Support the Didsbury Museum
Your support is vital and helps the Historical Society share its collection with the world. There are many ways you can donate to help care for and preserve the collection for future generations. You can donate as an individual, or through a foundation, trust or company. The Didsbury and District Historical Society is a non-profit organization and a registered society.
Sponsorship Perk Package
We are sincerely grateful for every gift we receive, whether that's a gift in your will - either a financial contribution or the gift of an object - or a donation in memory. Your legacy will have a lasting impact.
If you're considering remembering the Didsbury Museum through a gift in your will or a donation in memory, our Museum Manager would be happy to talk to you about how your contribution could benefit the future work of the Museum. Please call 403-335-9295 for details.
Your financial support helps us to do the following:
- Enhance, maintain, and add to our exhibits and displays
- Maintain and upgrade our building
- Install and develop media terminals and other special features
Our Canada Helps form below gives you an opportunity to select whether you want to make a one-time donation or perhaps become a monthly donor.
It Takes a Village ...
Even in the past two "pandemic years", our volunteers have logged well over 2,000 hours dedicated to the success of the Museum. Volunteers share their knowledge and passion by being available for tours, and support behind-the-scenes activities.
We offer a range of volunteer opportunities, all with different levels of time commitment and flexibility. Here's some possible volunteer opportunities for you to consider:
- Saturday hosting - The Museum is open from 10 am - 4 pm on Saturdays. This is a great opportunity for you to spend some quiet time exploring the Museum on your own. Just pull yourself away from your exhibit study to host those who come visit. We can work around your schedule and divide the day into shorter shifts if you like.
- Summer Sunday hosting - The Museum is open from 1 - 4 pm on Sundays in the summertime. Hosting on Sundays is extra special because you can sit at a picnic table and visit with our guests in the front yard. Or visit with the "railroad boys" - they're almost always working on the Outdoor Garden Train throughout the summer.
- Dust off the Cobwebs - Yes, we have a cleaning service, but with over 10,000 artifacts, from time to time we need to give everything a good dusting. Have a couple of hours one day? Pop over and we'll have you busy in no time!
- Is Gardening Your Passion? - During the spring and summer, healthy, fragrant blooms make our front yard all the more enjoyable. Our front border is small but still needs mulch or weeding or pruning from time to time. If you have a green thumb, we can help you "find your place in the sun"!
- Join the Fun - The Historical Society partners with several of our town's signature events, including the Mountain View Arts Festival, Culture Days, and the Car Club's Show 'n Shine. We can always find a spot that will showcase your skills and talents - just let us know and let's figure it out together!
- Share your Computer Skills - We have items that have been gifted over the years that need to be added to our database. Working in our Joyce Gerbrandt Archives Room offers an opportunity to learn even more about the exhibits - where they came from, what they were used for, and what the people must have been like who used them.
- Join the Board - Don't be afraid. Sitting on the Museum Board is actually quite fun. We talk about new exhibits, plan updates to the building, and brainstorm ideas to share our programs with tourists and local enthusiasts. Our Annual General Meetings are in November - give this some thought. We'd love to have you "all a-Board"!
- TEAM BUILDING - This one is for your organization or business! Did you know? We have space available for small meetings for your business or group! Why not make it a Team Building activity and have a Scavenger Hunt? Call the museum if you would like more information 403-335-9295.
Become a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Didsbury and District Historical Society, simply call the Museum at 403-335-9295, or come to the Museum during hours of operation.
A membership entitles you to receive our quarterly newsletter, free admission to the Museum, opportunity to vote at general membership meetings, and reduced prices to our various fundraising functions and events.