This beautiful two-story brick and sandstone building was built in 1907 and the school held its first classes in 1908.
In its first hundred years, the school building was a place where children gathered to learn and socialize, a temporary hospital during the influenza of 1918, a training area for men and women during World War 2 and now a museum.
The red brick school became home to the Didsbury Museum in 1989. It was designated a Provincial Historic Resource in early 2011.
In 2006 the Didsbury and District Historical Society acquired the title to the public school building, called “The Old Red Brick School House”
For more information: http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=18593