Coffee & Conversations are on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 1 - 3:30 pm. There is no admission to this afternoon of entertainment though donations to the Museum would be gratefully accepted.
May 25 you should be here to listen to Johnnie Bachusky as tells us his definition of "ghost towns"
The ever popular annual "pie social" will be here again in June 8th from 1 - 3:30pm. Come a enjoy a slice or two of your favorite!
2018 is the Museum's 40th anniversary and there are many events planned starting in the New Year. Keep watch on this page and also our FaceBook for lots of exciting news. The finale to the year of celebration will be on September 22 so keep the date open!
The first event of the 40 anniversary was the 2nd annual Celtic Pub 'Nite with music by "Fraid Knot on March 10 at Westcott Hall. There was dancing, raffles, silent auction and a chance to win 2 tickets on the Alberta Railways our of Stettler. Yvonne won the door prize and we're sure her and her guest will have a wonderful time. Everyone who attended that evening had a great time and the Museum Board of Directors would like to thank all of you for supporting the museum
DIDSBURY AND DISTRICT HISTORY BOOK COMMITTEE DIDSBURY MUSEUM 40TH ANNIVERSARY PROJECT
DIDSBURY AND DISTRICT HISTORY BOOK COMMITTEE
DIDSBURY MUSEUM 40TH ANNIVERSARY PROJECT
Everyone has a story and we need your assistance
Family - Sports - Businesses - Organizations – Newcomers
(People and places who were and are a part of our Town over the past number of years, EVERYONE)!
It is your story and only you can tell it. Consider what others will want to know.
- Tell us about you and your family – your parents, spouse, children.
- Perhaps write a story with information about your parents and how they spent their lives in Didsbury.
- What is your career?
- What brought you to Didsbury and when did you arrive?
- What hobbies or interests or community activities do you take part in?
- Awards, accomplishments, special memories - Do you have interesting, funny or unique experiences that you would like to share?
- Who are the special people in your life?
- What has been the biggest change you have seen in the growth of our town and district? What is special about Didsbury and what can we learn from our experiences?
We are limited by the size of our history book so carefully consider what you want to say. Be sure to include photographs with names and dates.
Email Stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or drop off at the museum.
If you need assistance telling your story we will be glad to help, give us a call.
Frankie: 403-335-3633 Diana: 403-335-3445 Wayne: 403-335-3008 Alison: 1-403-818-1865
Merrilee: 403-335-9509 Myrna: 403-335-3216 Mahrie: 403-335-4842 Didsbury Museum: 403-335-9295
Elements of Art @ The Museum.
The Museum's featured artist for February/March is Billea Ahlgrim. Billea is a local photographer who was raised east of town and attended school in Didsbury.