Coffee & Conversations are on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 1 - 3:30 pm. There is no admission to this afternoon of entertainment though donations to the Museum would be gratefully accepted.
Coffee & Conversation started on September 26th with members of the Alberta Quilt Society speaking on the stories told in the quilts. Everyone enjoyed their talk!
On November 28th Tara from In Bloom Flowers & Gifts will be returning to talk about Christmas flowers and help us make a Christmas arrangement.
The special Christmas Coffee & Conversation will be held on December 19th (3rd Wednesday of the month) which we're sure you'll all enjoy!
The Didsbury and District Historical Society held it's AGM on Wednesday November 14 - 7pm a the museum. The newly elected board is Rick Astle - president, Dawn Stewart - vice president, Frankie Kelly - past president, Leona Dorin - secretary, Aimee Hunter and Diana Hummerstone - directors. Congratulations! Thank you to the past board for your dedication to the museum.
The board will be seeking an individual as a treasurer and also an archivist
DIDSBURY AND DISTRICT HISTORY BOOK COMMITTEE DIDSBURY MUSEUM 40TH ANNIVERSARY PROJECT
DIDSBURY AND DISTRICT HISTORY BOOK COMMITTEE
DIDSBURY MUSEUM 40TH ANNIVERSARY PROJECT
Everyone has a story and we need your assistance
Family - Sports - Businesses - Organizations – Newcomers
(People and places who were and are a part of our Town over the past number of years, EVERYONE)!
It is your story and only you can tell it. Consider what others will want to know.
- Tell us about you and your family – your parents, spouse, children.
- Perhaps write a story with information about your parents and how they spent their lives in Didsbury.
- What is your career?
- What brought you to Didsbury and when did you arrive?
- What hobbies or interests or community activities do you take part in?
- Awards, accomplishments, special memories - Do you have interesting, funny or unique experiences that you would like to share?
- Who are the special people in your life?
- What has been the biggest change you have seen in the growth of our town and district? What is special about Didsbury and what can we learn from our experiences?
We are limited by the size of our history book so carefully consider what you want to say. Be sure to include photographs with names and dates.
Email Stories to: email@example.com.
Or drop off at the museum.
If you need assistance telling your story we will be glad to help, give us a call.
Frankie: 403-335-3633 Diana: 403-335-3445 Wayne: 403-335-3008 Alison: 1-403-818-1865
Merrilee: 403-335-9509 Myrna: 403-335-3216 Mahrie: 403-335-4842 Didsbury Museum: 403-335-9295
Elements of Art @ The Museum.
The Museum will be displaying the many hand made quilts that have been donated through the years. Please take the time to view them and read of their history!